Monday, October 3, 2011

Why I Blog?

There was a question in livejournal yesterday, "Do you keep your journal to your self?" It got me thinking. It's both a yes and a no. Yes because I want it to keep somethings to myself just like in the olden days when you have a diary. You try to hide it hoping that nobody would read it. You just write it so that you will not forget both the good and the bad things. You write it because you know that one day when you read it you'll just laugh at your shallowness and then smile for some write ups that saw the depth in you.

Then I also share it with some because I know that to them they'll just read it as it is. Without judgement or prejudice. Just as you are feeling and seeing things the way it is at that time. Knowing that you're a being continually evolving and changing.

But for the most part, I blog because I want to. I blog for myself. Knowing myself as notorious in forgetting things, names, faces and even events, I blog because I don't want to forget. If ever I get dementia or alzheimer's disease when I get old, I have something to look into to remind me of who I am and what made me the person that I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...