Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mitju Sale, Phone Bill and iOS5

I am supposed to go to Mitju sale yesterday which I promised I would check out in my previous post. But a lot of things came my way. When I was preparing to leave for Orchard I saw my phone bill at the dining table. And as I browsed through it I was not prepared for the surprise and I almost choked. 


Say what?! SGD120.16!!! But, as I went through the details they have already included my data charge for Nov 7. I don't know if it's good or what. In the Philippines we call phone line service as postpaid service, you use the service then you are billed after for a month's cycle. In addition, incoming calls are not charged. But wait there's more! There's also an unlimited call service for certain promo subscription. Here, it's totally different but at least the service is good. The data service is fast and reliable. You can't really complain.

Then came the iOS 5 upgrade. It took me an hour to complete the download but more than 2 hours for my iPad to update. Then I have to do it again for my iTouch. For hubby's iPhone, I might do it tonight. Boy, was I so glad to upgrade to version 5! I like the iCloud idea because you don't have to update all of your devices individually. Once you made a purchase or downloaded an application or even your pictures and music to one device you can update the other devices through iCloud via wireless network, that is if you are using the same Apple ID account for all your devices. And the coolest?! The iMessage! It's like BBM of blackberry. I tested it sending messages to my friend in the Philippines and I was like woah! This will cripple the international sms eventually. I learned from my flatmate that for iPhone users the phone automatically detects if the phone you're sending to is already on iOS5 then it will send your message via iMessage already. Amazing, right?! Now, it will impact the sms usage of mobile operators. Steve Jobs, you are really awesome!

So yeah, with the time I spent to upgrade my devices to iOS5 and more importantly the phone bill I am going to pay, I have to say next time to Mitju. First things first. Hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...