Thursday, October 13, 2011

That Dark Chocolate

A lot of studies have shown that aside from being aphrodisiacs, chocolates, specifically dark, helps in lowering blood pressure, reduce the risk of blood clots and therefore minimizes the risk of heart attack.

But, this is what surprised me. ABC News featured the study made by International Headache Congress that dark chocolates, which should be at least 60% cocoa, has healing effects on migraine headaches. Unrefined dark chocolates can be great sources of bioflavonoids which is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. And this anti-inflammatory properties is what could help in reducing migraine headaches, which is an inflammatory disease.

I suffer from what is called menstrual headache. Before or during my period I have migraine attacks. It can last from a day or two. And I noticed that the only way to get rid of it is to pop up a paracetamol which I think is better because when I was in college I have to take up to 500mg of mefenamic. Now, I know that this should not be an excuse for me to binge because of the chemicals on it during the processing. But, what if it is organic?!

I was so happy when I found out that there really is an organic dark chocolate! The Dagoba Organic Chocolate.

It was founded by Frederick Shilling in 2001 with a mission to create an organic chocolate that would benefit the people and the environment. Full Circle Sustainability is what drives his company. High standards in Quality, Ecology, Equity and Community.

They have a wide varieties of blends. From the common milk, dark, hazelnut, to lavender, lime, roseberry and spices.
Yes, they have Twilight inspired flavors. Eclipse and New Moon, being the more popular flavor together with Lavender.

It can be ordered online, here. But, sadly they don't ship internationally as they want to preserve the quality of their products. I hope somehow I can find a way.

3 comments:

  1. wow this looks yummy!!! too bad they dont ship T_T...

    Thanks for visiting my blog will follow yours ^_^ and by the way great blog dami nyo na napuntahan (international pa)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you means a lot! ikaw ang first na nag comment, ever. hehehe! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! I love Dark Chocolate! =)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...