Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chocolate Research Facility

While I was doing a research for our itinerary in Malaysia an idea came to me that every country I would visit I have and need to taste its country's best chocolate. And since I am in Singapore I can try what's here first.

As I browsed through the net I came to stumble upon The Chocolate Research Facility. It was featured in Time as one of The Best of Asia 2009 as the Best Place to Experiment with Chocolate. You can read it further here.

So when my friend, Tina, came over from Phil we visited the shop at Millenia Walk in Raffles Boulevard.

I like the interior of the shop. Simple and modern. At first glance you will not think that it is a chocolate shop.

So many choices! There are wine varieties, exotic, sichuan pepper, local fruits, and different cocoa beans from different countries such as Cuba, Venezuela and Ghana to name a few.

The packaging is nice, very contemporary and yes, not your usual chocolate box. I bought the Pistachio Dark Chocolate. They had a promo, 1 for 1. Buy one take one in other words. The other one is also a dark chocolate but from Venezuela. Yup, I love dark chocolates.

The cut is in different sizea to suit your cravings at a time. Small, medium, large and x-large.

I was aiming to buy the Equateur flavor but it is all sold out so I settled for the Pistachio Dark Chocolate. As soon as we went out of the store I took a small square. I kept taking a bite trying to get the taste. There's nothing special to it except, that it has pistachio on it. It doesn't have the silkiness when it melts in your mouth. And for the price of SGD12 at 70g it doesn't come cheap.

Nevertheless, I think it is really the Best Place to EXPERIMENT with Chocolate because it has a very wide range of flavors that you wouldn't imagine to be compatible with chocolate.

Next time I will try the lychee martini its all time best seller since 2009 maybe by then my experience would be different.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...