Monday, October 17, 2011

My last post was a promise that I won't be going to the Mitju sale but I feet found its way to the warehouse sale. I gave hubby the idea to go to Cold Stone to satisfy his craving for ice cream. And the nearest Cold Stone is in Orchard. And the sale is in Orchard. Haha!

We foung The Scape at Orchard 2 and found that there is a rummage sale in the area. I didn't bother checking out the stalls as my main objective is Mitju!

My instincts were right, it's inside the The Scape mall. We found it and boy, were we surprised with the long line.

After 15min or so we're finally in.

I controlled my saleholic me and bought just two pairs.
I got this for SGD8! Purple blue velvet doll shoes.
And this for SGD15. Another flat, brogue inspired.

Then we're ought to go to Joo Chiat but it was kind of late so we had our dinner at Raffles and tried Grandma's, a local restaurant inspired by the Nasi Lemak of KL.

Nasi Lemak is Grandma's specialty but since there is no breast part option for the chicken he opted for Nasi Bukhari. You see, for the husband it's chicken breast or nothing.
He really enjoyed it. No, he loved it!

As for me, Char Kway Teow. A rice noodle with stir fried chicken fillet, shrimp, squid (i think), in soy sauce or something. It was good on the first few takes but when I was half way through the noodles seemed want to stock in my throat. So I was not able to finish it all.
I am really not into Malaysian food or noodles for that matter but I tried it since it's their specialty and I want to try something that is not in my comfort zone.

All in all the price is very reasonable and since the husband was so satisfied with his meal I'm pretty sure we'd be going for another treat on this place.

2 comments:

  1. I miss SG! There's usually a huge orders sale around this time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. korek ka jan, sis. and just yesterday may warehouse sale ang lacoste naman!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...