Saturday, October 1, 2011

The One That Got Away

my temper. I have been holding it for the longest time and just earlier it snapped. I have resigned from my company since last March 18. HR said that after a month from the time all my accountabilities are cleared I would be able to get my backpay or final pay and the provident fund. 2-3 months have passed and no feedback from the HR coordinator. Even after frequent calls, emails and favors from former colleagues to contact her still no clear indication as to when I'd be able to get my final pay.

August came and she said I'd be able to get it by end of the month in time for our visit to the Philippines. End of August, no check was released. We came to Manila on the 8th of September and called her office, you guessed it right, still no check. She promised that by Friday, Sept 16 I would be able to get them. I agreed since there's nothing I can do and we'd be going to Seoul anyway and would be back by then.

Sept 16: she said I can pick up the checks. The final pay will be until 3pm only since I have to get it from Finance. The provident fund until 4pm which I will get from her. We arrived at the office 45minutes after 3. We are expecting that I won't be able to get my final pay but at least the provident fund will be available. But, lo and behold when we got there she had me waiting for 15minutes only to tell that the provident fund will not be available because there was a problem on the issuing bank. And, she'd be giving me a quitclaim letter instead to get the final pay.

I wanted so much to tell her not to give me that shit! It is so obvious that it was only by that time that I arrived that she took care of it. But, my head is aching so bad that I can't utter any words that could further drain me. My migraine is already sucking me up so I might as well leave the place that's causing me more stress.

So, I left the office with the promise that she'll deposit it on my Metrobank account on the 19th instead. And then two more weeks have gone still no check have been credited to my account. I even asked a favor to a friend the other day to check on her if she have already deposited the amount and she said she did. Now, this is when she blew my patience. After two days of checking my account online no amount have been credited so I called her office. I have to blog this in tagalog otherwise it might get lost in translation:

Me: Hello ma'am. Lynette Franco po ito tanong ko lang kung nadeposit na?
HR: Ma'am wait lang ha?

on hold... for 5 minutes. this pissed me off because I'm doing an international call. When she got back on the call,

Me: Ma'am naka hold ako for 5min. This is an international call.
HR: Ay ma'am sorry po. Hindi pa po nadeposit ma'am. Hindi pa po na-out ng messenger.
Me: Ma'am bakit po ganun? E ipinatanong ko sa kaibigan ko kung nadeposit na sabi nyo oo. Tapos ngayon hindi pa? Ano po ba talaga? (I am not raising my voice here. I am really trying to calm down. I am beginning to be so irritated.)
HR: Hind ko nga po alam ma'am eh. Akala ko po nadeposit na nya.
Me: Ma'am, kelan na po ba talaga yan? Two weeks ago pa nyo sinabi na idedeposit ninyo. Pero until now wala pa rin.
HR: pasensya na po ma'am.
Me: Hindi po kasi ako tulad ng ibang mga kaibigan ko na nagtyatyagang maghintay ng 1 to 3 years bago makuha yung cheke. Kasi yung pera sayang. Nakatenga na walang nangyayari. Sayang ang pera. Pera namin yan eh.

at this point I am aready shaking because I'm trying not to get angry but my system is telling me I am angry.

HR: Oo naman ma'am pera nyo to.
Me: Nakakafrustrate na kasi na paulit-ulit na lang. Sa totoo lang ayoko na kyong istorbohin at ayoko ng makipag coordinate sa inyo eh. Gusto kong matapos na ito.
HR: Naiintindihan ko po kayo.
Me: Sana. Sana naiintindihan mo talaga ako. Pakideposit naman na, please.
HR: Sige ma'am deposit na po namin today.
Me: Sige po. Salamat.

end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...