Monday, October 31, 2011

Detox Foot Patch, For Real?

Days ago we went to the Singapore Expo to check what's on sale. We squeezed ourselves to the crowded hallway of the venue and after some bumps here and there we're at the Mega Expo Sale of John Little. John Little is the oldest retailer merchandise store in Singapore established in 1845. It is part of the Robinsons Group of Stores.

Right after we enter the door we saw this section with products made out of bamboo charcoal. I got intrigued so we frisked through the items and the Detox Foot Patch caught my eye the most. I've read about detox foot patch several times but not this kind of patch, though.
priced at S$12.90

The patch promised to clear out the wastes and toxins of the body to promote good metabolism, relieve tension, fatigue and give you a good night sleep. It even claimed  to get rid of your underarm and foot odor. 

To use it just put the patch at one foot or both feet for faster effect. The next morning it will turn dark as the toxins have been 'taken out' of your system. It will then become lighter as you continue to use the patch since the impurities of your body lessens. I had it put in hubby's foot (read, guinea pig.LOL)
The next morning this is the color of the patch. (Warning: this is gross!)
After the second night.
On the third night to answer our skepticism about this product, yes, I was skeptic but I bought it anyway, we made a test patch. One will be on hubby's foot the other just with water and out in the air. And this what happened the next day.
From the husband's foot.
With several drops of water.
Both patches have the same stickiness and color. So, WTH is the toxins being flushed out all about?! I should have known. What's inside the pad is charcoal so when moisture, as the case of the foot, comes in contact with it, the patch will automatically turn black. 

I know when I was thinking of buying something tells me that this is too good to be true. And it is! For some who feels some good things about this product I think it just like some medicines that give a placebo effect. It is the belief you'd feel better that your body becomes better.

I think the worst part is this is a product misrepresentation. The customers are lured to believe that this thing can do this and that. The health organizations and trade industry should be more vigilant in controlling these kind of products to protect the consumers. Now, our S$12 had gone to waste. Bummer!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I used a similar patch before. But on my second day, it actually became clearer, less icky so I thought it was working. Your post made me think otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...