Monday, August 29, 2011

Filipini

We were calling a taxi to go home when I heard a hi-pithced young voice shouting 'Filipini'. I only noticed it when nanay called my attention. A chubby boy, about 9-10 years old wearing a big curly hair, is frantically waving towards us with half of his body out of the car yelling 'Filipini! Filipini! While a man, I'm assuming it's his father, is gleefully smiling and holding the boy. It was a very nice scene so I happily waved back.

It's a pity that I was not able to take a picture of the boy. He was so cute!

The people seem to like us, Filipinos. Most of the time when we take a taxi the driver would try to impress us. They would speak few tagalog words like 'kanan', 'kaliwa', 'kumusta ka? mabuti?' There was even one who played a tagalog album so loud that it irritated us.

Oh, there was instance when my father almost lost his balance while we're going up in an escalator. A Saudi national who was going down in the elevator asked tatay, 'Kumusta ka?' when our way meet.

Aren't these encounters cute? They make me feel proud and happy to be Pinoy, Filipini!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...