Sunday, August 28, 2011

At The Kingdom

I am only able to go out in my parents flat when I'm with my parents because women here are not aloud to go out alone. Although, there are some women who are bold enough to do so because Saudi have gone a long way to leniency. There are times also, when women are able to walk around without tarha.

But, one time when we were having dinner in a mall, an Indian maintenance kept calling me to cover my hair. I was glad that I was able to hear it and able to cover my hair fast enough before the mutawa walked through our table. Huh! That was close!

Last night, we went to the Kingdom Mall to go to the Sky Bridge. Since it was still Sala, prayer time, the store and all establishmnents are closed. To pass some time, I asked for a jump shot. This is the only shot that is worth calling a jump shot aftet countless of tries. This is mu cousin, Craig. A cute and smart boy.
P1000525

He loves his uncle and aunt.
P1000571

We had our dinner at Chili's.
P1000559

The tables have heavy curtains which looks like a big photo booth. LOL.
P1000561

The serving is big. I had Grilled Salmon with Herbs. The salmon was grilled tenderly but it's a bit salty especially the veggies. Looks like it was sprinkled with some pinch of salt.
P1000555

This is where we are headed. Gwapo ng tatay ko, no?
P1000505

The view from the sky bridge.
P1000607

The entrance fee is quite expensive. 25SR for just a view of the Riyadh! Not worth it.
P1000625

But, the experience and company of my parents and tatay's cousin and his family is what made the night worth doing again, minus the Sky Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...