Thursday, August 18, 2011

Taklesa

This post from a friend reminded me again of my promise while I'm here with mother.


Nanay is the one who cooks the meal. I don't dare cook because I'm afraid they will not like it. One dinner I found the adobong saluyot (sorry, I don't know the English term ) a bit salty but it's good.

Nanay: o, ano masasabi mo s luto ko? Paborito yan ng tatay mo.
Me: ok naman sya maalat lang. (w/o looking at her)
Tatay: oo nga mejo lang naman pero masarap sya.

There and then I noticed that for the last three days I'm here I noticed that I never heard father say any negative comment about mother's cooking and I, never miss the opportunity to say that it's a bit salty, it lacks a little of this and too much of this. While I was cleaning up the table to wash the dishes I felt bad and guilty because nanay, after a hard day's work, she would just put down her things and prepare the food for us with the thought that we, specially me, would be happy and full after the meal. Urgghh, my mouth seems to have a mind of its own!

From then on I promised myself to appreciate any food nanay would give. I still miss sometimes but I make a conscious effort to look through the food and savor the love she had while preparing it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...