Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Friends Along The Way...

I don't know what's up with me today. I feel like missing my friends and missing being a friend. Add to that seeing on FB my high school/college close friends whom I used to call my best friends are now BFF with somebody else. What's with this feeling? 

I lost some buddies through the years. Some reasons I know. Some my fault. Some theirs. But, some are puzzling. Like, have I done something wrong without me knowing. Or have I done nothing to keep it up to this day?
'Some people are not meant to be with you forever...' is what they say but wouldn't it be great if all the people you have known since time immemorial remained with you as close as you were? Sadly, that's not how life works, isn't it? People grow and, yeah, the cliche, sometimes they grow apart. We realize that that is just as far as we can go in the journey together. We need to continue on spreading our wings and chase after our own adventures even if it means chasing it without each other.

After few moments of re-assessment. I realized that I still have friends who are with me despite everything. Real friends, not just the, 'oh hi' kind of one. Whom you are able to be who and what you are. When you pretend and try to be someone you are not, they know. They just know. They notice. They would then encourage you to be just the way you are. No icings or toppings. Then, at the end of the day they embrace you for all that you are! 

I can only count my real friends with just one hand but, hey, they are hard to find! I am not choosy, they are just rare. Rare enough for me to work on giving my time and attention. Making sure that no matter how seldom we connect we nurture the relationship that we have. Pick up where we left off. Recount those happy and not-so-good moments. Share our dreams and aspirations. Most of all laugh even if it means via the emoticons.

God loves me! He gives me friends so I won't be pathetically stuck in the four corners of this room. And, I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...