Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Joan Bowen Special Restaurant

Good unexpected things are often the best. We found this quaint restaurant in unassuming community along McPherson Road, the Joan Bowen Cafe

When we went in, we felt a homey ambiance and received by a crew whom I perceived as someone special. Yes, he is and so as the other staff in the cafe. It turns out that this establishment, born on August 9, 2009, is owned by Khong Yoon Kay and Jean Seah parents of Joan Bo Wen, from where the name of the cafe came from, their daughter with special needs. Through this they aim to enhance the lives of the youths with special needs by providing training on culinary skills and eventually immerse them in the mainstream.

We ordered our dish and was served by kind and courteous staff. 
Hubby: Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Mushroom
Me: Fish and Fries

Our order came hot enough not to burn the tongue. I hate it when the food is so hot that it burns my mouth and I can't taste the goodness of the food anymore. The serving is big and cooked just right. I love my dory fillet. Crisp outside and soft inside. There's nothing unusual with the tartar sauce. Lucky for me I am not into sauces or condiments because I want to enjoy the meal the way it was cooked.

This is the first time I dined in a restaurant having staff with special needs. It is good to know that a business can also be part of the social responsibility to help the special youths in making a mark in the community in their own simple ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...