Tuesday, December 13, 2011

There's No Stopping Christmas!!

When I was quite young, December used to give me that certain sadness. I can't explain or understand why. Maybe the cold breeze? I don't know. But as I grew older, for the past years that I celebrated Christmas season in the Philippines it gives me both the feeling of happiness and rage. Rage because of traffic, taxi drivers charging higher than usual, crowded malls and restaurants and the all Filipino movies on the 25th of December until January 1. But, the happiness it brings is endless! Corporate gifts from business partners, several parties every week, Christmas songs, sale, gifts, friends, family reunion, the food, the food!! And the list can go on and on.

This year will be our first Christmas and New Year away from home. I don't know how our days would be but, hubby and I are planning to make it still special and romantic. This is the first time that we'll be spending the holiday season with just the two of us. So, while the homesickness is not yet striking us I will enjoy this merry days every chance I can get.

Out and about the city.

For the Church, there's the Advent season which I really love. Aside from the fact that the church is in purple, which is my all time favorite color, the readings and homily feel more meaningful and with so much soul. There is that desire for you to be good, make amends and more importantly love life for we are reminded that Jesus has come to give us salvation. 

May your Christmas be what you hoped and prayed for! 

2 comments:

  1. It's ok sis. Just remember all the good times and you'll get by. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sis Christine. Merry Christmas, too.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...