Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Handmade Burger

After meeting some friends over meryenda, hubby and I scoured through the basement of Raffles City to have dinner. Weekend is our break from fish and veggies diet. We're trying to be semi-vegetarian for health reasons. So we tried The Handmade Burger because it said that the patties are from 100% grass-fed beef. The sauces and dressings are all from natural ingredients. I forgot to ask if the lettuce, tomatoes, onions and all others are also organic. 

"Grass-fed beef has lower cholesterol, ten times more betacarotene, three times more vitamin E, and three times more omega-3 fatty acids versus grain-fed beef" - The Daily Green 

We were convinced so we tried it.


We tried their The Handburger Original. All burgers come with either salad, mushroom soup or potato fries.
Hubby opted with the salad.

And mine with fries.

This is the burger with a twist of onion jam on top.

After few bites with onion jam on it I decided to remove it. (Read: umay!) At S$13.8 I think it is worth it because the serving is big and the fact that the beef is organic. The buns were soft, the patty is real pure beef without the extenders or fillings. You could smell and taste the beefy goodness! The sauces were of good consistency, not too think nor watery, but lacks a little tangy flavor. The lettuce and salad were all fresh without that some dark parts caused by prolonged storage. By the way, the fries were also well fried not burnt, crispy outside and soft inside.

Over all the experience and the meal were nice but not to the point for me to crave for. But, I would still visit The Handburger nonetheless because the crew, from waiters to cashier, were all very accommodating and courteous. That for me, for us, is a plus factor.

The Handburger
Raffles City Shopping Center
252 North Bridge Road, B1-65/66

5 comments:

  1. The burgers look so scrumptious! I'll definitely try visiting The Handmade Burger when I go to Singapore.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me when you are coming i can tour you around. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sister ang galing galing mo tlga. will follow ur blog im ur number 1 fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember I tried to be a semi-vegan last year. It was fun. I mean, I can't eat mostly fruits and vegetables but I always miss seafood cos it's my favorite. Yummy talaga!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Korek sis! It is even harder when you are outside and mOre so with the coming holidays. Hehehe..

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...