Monday, June 18, 2012

Hongik Area: Trick Eye Museum

When I said I'd go back to South Korea I never thought I'd go back so soon. I am just so glad my husband is so kind that he allowed me to go to Korea with my two girlfriends, my ex-roommates. It wasn't all the places I have been to last time. I had also my firsts at my second affair with South Korea! 

My friends booked us 8 days of trip. We spent 5 days in Seoul and the rest in Jeju Island. Yup! Jeju!! Which I'll be sharing later.

We spent a whole day in Hongik area. First stop is The Trick Eye Museum. This is just near the exit 9 of Hongdae Station. The place is not along the main road so you really have to keep your eye on the small signage of the museum.

The Trick Eye (or Art) Museum is a gallery of paintings that uses trompe l'oeil technique which creates illusion in flat surfaces. This allows an interactive experience with the characters and the visitors. Everybody would surely enjoy this place no matter how little art inclinations you have. The paintings are changed every few months.

The small English sign of the museum.
 

We really enjoyed this place and consumed a lot of space in our SD cards. It brought out the playful and silly side of us!

 


7 comments:

  1. I love all the photos! Mas magaganda yung paintings dyan kesa sa Trick eye museum dito sa pinas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sis anney. never knew we have this here.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You're pictures are all so cute! Hope I could go to Korea someday too! Dahil mukhang matagal pa yun, dun na lang sa Trick Eye Museum muna dito sa Pinas ako magpunta!

    I'm excited for your post about Jeju Island! Heard so much about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so fun and really interesting! i wish i could visit the place soon.. :-)really great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Looks like so much fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice museum! Ang cute lang! :))) Hopefully there's also like that here in the Philippines! ♥


    http://spoonfulofstories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahahaha, ang kyot nung nakahubad na photo :D

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment. it was kind of you to drop by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...